This wash is one of the first and most simple swaps you can make in your home after you have decided to reduce toxins and all those ingredients we don’t actually need. I use this same recipe for all of our hand soaps around the house and for our body washes. It will save you bucket loads and is a beautiful wash that is safe for all skin types. One of my little ones has sensitive skin where she would react to nearly all types of soaps. Since making this simple swap, her dry red skin has been soft and supple!
You will need:
- Foaming pump (you may already have one from other supermarket brands so just recycle it!)
- Castile soap
- Carrier oil of choice (I prefer Sweet Almond Oil in our body wash as it is super nourishing to our skin)
- Doterra essential oils of your choice
- Add 4 tablespoons of Castile soap to 250ml pump
- Add in 1 teaspoon of carrier oil
- Add in 20 – 30 drops of essential oil
- Top up with filtered water or cooled, boiled water
If you like a really soapy foam, add some more castile. I recommend trying the 4 tablespoons to start and then adjust according to your preference. I find if there is too much Castile in the pump, it can leave a slight film on the sink – no biggy – just need to clean it off more regularly! I don’t have this problem at all, I just wan you to know that if you do find this, just reduce the amount of Castile next time.
We like to mix up our oils! I often use Doterra On Guard in our hand soaps so I know we are getting a great protective clean.
For our body wash, we all have our own preferences! For the kids I like to use Lavender, Citrus Bliss, Doterra Balance, Lavender Peace, Cedarwood or Wild Orange. For my hubby, I have Peppermint and Wild Orange. My preference is Aromatouch, Ylang Ylang, Peace, Passion or Grapefruit. It is really a matter of using what oils you have and finding your personal preference.
For some inspiration, here are some ideas:
- Wake me up: 15 drops Peppermint and 15 drops Wild Orange
- Floral: 15 drops Lavender, 10 drops Patchouli & 5 drops Geranium
- Balancing: 10 drops lavender, 10 drops Frankincense & 10 drops Wild Orange
- Calm down kids: 10 drops Lavender Peace, 10 drops Wild Orange
- Refreshed & Clean: 15 drops Tea Tree & 15 drops Peppermint
- Manly blend: 15 drops lemongrass, 10 drops Cedarwood & 5 drops Lime
- Cellulite blaster: 15 drops Lavender & 15 drops Grapefruit
Experiment, have fun creating blends, enjoy the savings and gorgeous skin 😉